The goals of our CONNECTWorkings are to help you understand the Canadian work culture by addressing a particular topic every first Tuesday of the month, gather the professional francophone community and help you grow your network.
After you registered for our next CONNECTWorking, here are few tips to get ready and make sure you get the most out of this event!
Before the event
- You don’t need to print and bring your ticket to check-in. Your name is all we need.
- If you have business cards, bring some! It’s very common here to have personal business cards and give them away when you go to networking events. If you don’t have any, Canada Talents’ members benefit from a discount with one of our partners.
- Be on time, Canadian-style: ten minutes early!
- Check out our team of volunteers. Visit our website and if you think some of us can help you get you’re looking for, come to us during the event!
- Think of experiences and advice you might have to share.
During the event
- Bring your best smile! We don’t bite, and we’re accessible. CONNECTWorkings are professional but convivial events.
- Our speakers’ presentations are sometimes in French and sometimes in English. Don’t worry if you feel lost at some point, our team is mostly French-speaking and always here to help you out.
- Take some notes, whether it’s on your phone or paper, they will come in handy later in your job search.
- Talk with the other attendees: it’s the whole point of the evening. Share your Canadian experience, ask the questions burning your lips, and ask for advice if you need some. We’re here to help.
- Listen to what others have to say. You never know what situation you might face in the future. Be attentive!
After the event
- Connect on LinkedIn with the people you met and make a follow-up (ask them to meet for a coffee, go to another networking event with you): grow your network!
- If you have any questions or need any precision, you can always email us at firstname.lastname@example.org, or register as a member.
- Share with us any relevant blog, event, a job offer that you might come across after the event; Be part of our community and help out others, you never know who will help you later,
You now have all the keys to lead a successful event. We are looking forward to meeting you in person, and we hope you will have a good time in our company!