The System Administrator is responsible for all areas of technical infrastructure implementation and support on behalf of the Company and its subsidiaries.
iA Financial Group is the fourth largest life and health insurance company in Canada and offers a wide range of products for all stages of life and to meet the needs of clients across its vast sales network. Founded in 1892, iA Financial Group’s stability and solidity make it an employer of choice that invests in its employees and their development over the long term.
With operations across Canada and in the United States, iA Financial Group and its over 5,000 employees work hard every day to offer the best service to over four million clients.
Reporting to the Team Leader, Technical Services, the System Administrator is responsible for all areas of technical infrastructure implementation and support on behalf of the Company and its subsidiaries.
Technical Infrastructure Projects
- Evaluate new technologies, software packages and proposed project plans. This includes assisting management and colleagues with cost/benefit analyses and feasibility studies.
- Work on projects as part of a team to install new system software and hardware.
- Provide technical guidance and support to data centre and application development departments.
- Required to work on projects led by colleagues located locally in Vancouver or in other iA offices in Canada and the USA.
- Keeps informed of new developments in computer technologies by researching on the internet, reading and completing relevant training.
Technical Infrastructure Support
- Maintains and supports the technical infrastructure in Vancouver and other offices in the Group.
- Ensures that the system software is at a reasonable level of maintenance
- Follow a controlled means of applying changes without impacting availability
- Determine solutions for problems caused by bugs, user errors, hardware failures, software failures, incorrect implementation or unexpected changes
- Actively monitors and analyzes system logs, stats ad controls to ensure that systems remain at optimum efficiency and recommends changes where necessary
- Prepares and maintains system support and user documentation. Maintains necessary records and statistics for performance and capacity analysis
- Conducts peer reviews of all planned changes to assess that impact of the change to the environment and make suggestions for efficiencies as necessary
- Responsible for system back out processes with emphasis given to availability, reliability, serviceability and security.
- Provides all required levels of support for the identification, analysis and resolution of client computer incidents and problems
- Provides technical guidance to management ad colleagues in all areas of the company
- Responsible for the improvement of the end-user computing environment by providing fixes and updates to the standard workshop images
- Ensure that technical solutions meet the needs of the customer
- Creates, maintains and contributes to technical standards and procedures
- Creates and maintains system documentation
- Functions as a project manager on small to medium size projects or on specific segments of large projects. This includes the creation of relevant project control documents for the management of the project
- Leads and takes part in Disaster Recovery tests both locally and in international locations
- Performs other related duties as assigned
- Post-secondary education in Information Technology, Engineering, Computer Science
- 5 to 7 years work experience in IT as a Network Administrator
- Operating and maintaining the Citrix environment and dependent technology platforms including XenDesktop, XenApp, NetScaler, Citrix Streaming Services, VMware, Windows Server 2012 and 2016, Windows Virtual Desktop, Win 7 and Win 10, Activity Directory and Citrix Access Gateway
- Architecting and implementing the Citrix solution strategy
- Responsible for creating innovation roadmaps, maintenance schedules, life cycle plans, capacity plans for the Citrix environment and related dependent technologies
- Responsible for creating innovation roadmaps, maintenance schedules, life cycle plans, and capacity plans for the Citrix environment and related dependent technologies
- Responsible for managing the day-to-day administration, planning, and problem-solving for the Citrix XenApp environment, including off hours support during critical outages or planned maintenance
- Experience with Citrix XenApp client configuration and troubleshooting
- Ability to learn and retain new information quickly
- Ability to create and maintain detailed documentation and client service notes
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to trouble shoot escalated tickets
- Strong written, oral, and analytical skills
- Strong customer service skills
- Demonstrate organizational and project management skills
- Knowledge of Windows command line tools: Power Shell, Scripting, Task Automation
- Knowledge of database management including: SQL Server 2005, SQL Server 2008, SQL Server 2012, SQL Server 2014
- Knowledge of Active Directory including: Group Policy, Domain Trusts, DNS, User and Group Management
- Occasional travel may be required
iA Financial Group offers a positive work environment and offers the following:
- Competitive compensation including an annual bonus
- Generous paid vacation entitlement
- Extensive benefits including a Health Spending Account and Wellness Plan
- A Defined Benefit pension plan
- Share purchase program
- Transit Subsidy program
- Subsidized meals as well as access to our company gym
- An extensive on-boarding and training program to ensure a comfortable and productive transition into our team
- Ongoing training development