You will be responsible for the accurate and timely processing of all incoming and outgoing mail and courier items, along with reception and imaging duties.
iA Financial Group is the fourth largest life and health insurance company in Canada and offers a wide range of products for all stages of life and to meet the needs of clients across its vast sales network. Founded in 1892, iA Financial Group’s stability and solidity make it an employer of choice that invests in its employees and their development over the long term.
With operations across Canada and in the United States, iA Financial Group and its over 5,000 employees work hard every day to offer the best service to over four million clients.
Looking For Your Next Challenge?
Are you looking to jump-start your career and gain valuable office experience? We are hiring a Mail and Records Clerk to join our Corporate Services Team for a 6-month contract in the coming months. You will be responsible for the accurate and timely processing of all incoming and outgoing mail and courier items, along with reception and imaging duties.
This role is an excellent opportunity if you are looking to gain relevant work experience in insurance and financial services. We invite you to apply and grow your career with a company that is invested in the development of our employees.
While this is a 6-month contract there is a great possibility for an extension.
What Will I Be Doing?
Incoming and Outgoing Mail:
- Open and sort incoming mail into departments and distribute accordingly
- Record daily volumes of registered mail and business reply mail
- Slot agent mail via preset agency slots, check and maintain agent slots, envelopes and labels
- Pick-up internal and external mail from baskets; sort and process
- Distribute mail according to internal department & schedules
- Weigh and process outgoing mail using FedEx and ICS computer and shipping application
- Responsible for all courier mail including incoming mail (receiving and processing as well as delivering mail) and outgoing mail (weigh and processing using courier’s shipping application)
- Complete regular insertions jobs as well as one off insertion jobs from LOBs for marketing campaigns
- Analyze, evaluate and prepare documents as required and then scan, quality control and validate documents
- Meet agreed SLAs for processing of daily front end and LUS documents
- Process daily requests for transfer of document images from microfilm to paper and/or image system to agreed SLAs
- Maintain microfilm library and arrange for repair and duplication of microfilm as required
- Work in other areas when required. Mainly in the areas of reception/ switchboard
What is the Working Environment?
- Must be available to work 7 hour shift on a rotational basis between the times of 7:30 am to 7:30 pm Monday to Friday. The start and end time of the shift will be determined by the Corporate Services Manager and Team Lead. There may be a requirement to work outside of these hours on an irregular basis (paid overtime).
What We Are Looking For:
- High school certificate
- 6 - 12 months office experience in a computerized environment
- Accurate typing / data entry
- Strong organizational skills and ability to multi-task
- Answering a multi-line phone, along with reception duties
- Strong customer service skills and ability to deal with difficult callers effectively
- Able to handle confidential documents with integrity
- Must be able to lift boxes weighting up to 30 lbs
- Must be able to stand for extended periods of time
- Team player
- Successful completion of LOMA 280 & 290 or willingness to complete these courses within the first 12 months of employment
What We Can Offer You
- Brand new state of the art, transit accessible building with access to fully equipped gym
- Employer subsidized meals
- 35 hour work week
- Casual work environment including a casual dress code
- Fun social activities