We’re looking for business analysts with between 1-3 years of experience to join the Systems Department in one of our business lines.
iA Financial Group is the fourth largest life and health insurance company in Canada and offers a wide range of products for all stages of life and to meet the needs of clients across its vast sales network. Founded in 1892, iA Financial Group’s stability and solidity make it an employer of choice that invests in its employees and their development over the long term.
With operations across Canada and in the United States, iA Financial Group and its over 5,000 employees work hard every day to offer the best service to over four million clients.
We’re looking for business analysts with between 1-3 years of experience to join the Systems Department in one of our business lines. The core function of our business analysts will be requirements gathering and determining what the impact of our projects will be on our business partners (external) and the departments and processes within our organization. The incumbent will diagnose problems that interfere with the smooth running of our systems and develop, coordinate and document solutions.
Ideally, we’re looking for someone with a testing background who will be able to identify acceptance criteria and feel comfortable dealing with pressure from our project stakeholders (internal and external). Detail orientation and strong documentation are paramount in this position and knowledge of project management, Lean and Agile will be an asset.
- develop, modify and document analyses according to architecture specifications and business rules
- participate in requirements gathering sessions with subject matter experts and other stakeholders
- accurately document business processes and procedures including business rules and requirements
- help clients determine their operational needs based on the functionalities to be developed or modified
- help clients validate and understand analysis conducted
- draw up, carry out and validate functional, integrated and/or systems tests, from test case to results
- support clients during acceptance tests
- draft functional and technical rules, and design standards
- provide support to users and the clients, as requested
- work on operational processes
- help the Development Team during all the steps of delivery
- assist with system implementation
- develop and follow up on implementation strategy
- work with clients and architects to find detailed solutions to various operational problems
- built and run scripts
- run and create reports
- bachelor’s degree
- 1-3 years’ experience as a business/system analyst
- Visio, UML, SQL - would be an asset